In today’s digital age, privacy and security are becoming increasingly important concerns for many people. When it comes to keeping your personal information safe and secure, phone security should be at the top of your list. With the increasing amount of sensitive data stored on our smartphones, it’s more important than ever to take the necessary steps to protect yourself. One way to do this is by hiding messages on your iPhone.
Whether it’s a private conversation with a loved one or sensitive business information, the ability to keep your messages hidden from prying eyes can give you peace of mind and added security. So, don’t take phone security lightly and take advantage of the tools available to you, like hiding messages on your iPhone, to protect your personal information.
How to Hide Messages on iPhone without Deleting
You can hide text messages on your iPhone without deleting them with this comprehensive guide. In addition, you will learn how to make iPhone texts private and conceal text messages without deleting them.
READ ALSO: 8 Best Free Volume Booster Apps for iPhone in 2023
1. Use the built-in feature of “Hide Alerts”
One of the easiest ways to hide text messages on your iPhone without deleting them is to use the built-in feature of “Hide Alerts”. This feature allows you to hide the notification of a specific text message thread on your lock screen and in the Notification Center. To use this feature, follow these steps:
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone.
- Select the text message thread that you want to hide.
- Tap and hold on to the message thread until the menu appears.
- Select “Hide Alerts”.
3. Use the “Do Not Disturb” feature
The “Do Not Disturb” feature on your iPhone can also be used to hide text messages without deleting them. This feature allows you to silence all incoming notifications, including text messages. To use this feature, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb.
- Turn on the “Manual” toggle switch.
- Optionally, you can set a schedule for when the “Do Not Disturb” feature is active.
4. Use the “Screen Time” feature
The “Screen Time” feature on your iPhone can also be used to hide text messages without deleting them. This feature allows you to set limits on the amount of time you spend on specific apps, including the Messages app. To use this feature, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Screen Time.
- Tap “App Limits”.
- Set a limit for the Messages app.
- The Messages app will lock when the designated amount of time has passed after hitting Add. After then, accessing it again will require a password.
5. Use the “Notes” app to make text messages private
You can also use the built-in “Notes” app on your iPhone to hide text messages without deleting them. This method is useful if you want to keep a record of your text conversations but don’t want them visible on your device. To use this method, follow these steps:
- Open the “Notes” app on your iPhone.
- Tap the “+” icon to create a new note.
- Type or paste your text message in the note.
- Tap the “Share” icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select “Lock Note” from the options.’Select “Lock Note” from the options.
- Create a password and confirm it.
Once you have locked the note, it will be protected with a password and only accessible to those who know the password. This is a great way to keep text messages private without deleting them.
6. Hide messages on iPhone by moving them to Unknown Senders
This is an additional option if you’re wondering how to hide text messages on an iPhone from a specific individual. Remember that this is the least secure choice available. Your messages will only display the recognized contacts in your inbox throughout this procedure. To utilize this procedure, follow to following steps:
- The first thing you need to do is open the Contacts app.
- If you want to hide messages from a contact in your phone book, remove it from your phone book.
- Choose Messages from the Settings menu.
- Under message filtering, enable Filter Unknown Senders.
- Finally, choose “Known Senders” in the Messages app.
By using any of these methods, you can easily hide text messages on your iPhone without deleting them. Additionally, you can also make your iPhone texts private by enabling the privacy settings on your device or using a third-party messaging app.
READ ALSO: 20 Restaurants That Take Apple Pay [2023 Updated]
How do you see hidden Messages on your iPhone?
To see hidden messages on an iPhone, you will need to use the iMessage app. Here’s how:
- Open the iMessage app on your iPhone.
- Look for a message that has a blurred screen or an “Invisible Ink” label.
- To reveal the hidden message, swipe over the blurred text.
- If the message is a photo or video, you will need to tap and hold on to the blurred image to reveal it.
- Once you have revealed the message, it will remain visible until you close the iMessage app or navigate away from the conversation.
Note: If you want to disable the Invisible Ink feature, you can go to Settings > Messages and turn off the “Invisible Ink” toggle