Are you frustrated that Why can’t i add Music to my Instagram Story?
Instagram is one of the most popular and widely used social media platforms where people interact with each other via posting pictures, stories, reels, comments on stories, etc. In addition, multiple businesses create their profiles on Instagram and connect to millions of people via building unique and user-centric content. Uploading stories is a significant aspect of enlightening your friends and people with new updates. Hundreds of people enjoy and love posting different stories on Instagram daily.
Users use multiple story features on Instagram to make their stories more interesting for the viewers. One of these dynamic features is adding music to your Instagram story. It is a feasible way to grab the viewer’s attention or make your story fascinating. But, a few people across the world are deprived of this Instagram feature. As a result, they cannot add music to their Instagram stories.
Effective Tips to Why can’t I add Music to my Instagram Story?
We understand how frustrating it becomes when you are not able to find the Instagram music sticker to add a piece of musical composition to your story. Therefore, we’ve listed the best tips to offer you assistance in fixing this issue. With the help of following the below instructions, you can enable the Instagram music feature.
1. Update the Instagram application.
If you cannot add music to your story, the first step you should consider is to update the Instagram app on your mobile phone. Updating the app aids you in enhancing performance and enabling features that aren’t available to you. In addition, it allows the features to load faster and contains bug fixes.
Updating apps, such as Instagram is important to maintain performance. Following are the simple steps to update Instagram on your smartphone for iOs and Android users.
- Activate the app store. Next, click on your account icon.
- A new page comes across your screen and shows the results for “Future Automatic Updates” and “Updated Recently”. Please refresh the page by scrolling down to the bottom of it.
- See if Instagram is under the section of “Upcoming Automatic Updated”. If it’s not updated, it must be here.
- Click on “Update” to update the app and help load the unavailable features.
- Open the play store. Next, tap on your profile icon.
- Click on “Manage apps and device”.
- Navigate to the Manage tab.
- This will show a list of apps. Here, you must select the button that refers to “Updated available”. Click on this button.
- Here, you must see Instagram in the list of apps that are not updated and offer the latest versions.
- Tap the Update button given next to the Instagram app icon.
This is how you can update your Instagram on Android and iOs. If you update the app to install the latest versions, you can access new features, such as the Instagram music sticker, to add music to your stories.
2. Clearing the App Cache is an Option
It’s helpful to clear the app’s cache, in most cases, offer temporary fixes. However, If your Instagram story does not allow you to upload music, it can immensely assist as it enables multiple unavailable features.
Here are the steps for clearing your app cache in Android and iOs.
- Open the settings on your mobile phone.
- Click on the Apps menu.
- Please scroll down to find the Instagram app and tap it.
- Force stop the app.
- Tap the Storage menu.
- Tap the Clear cache.
- In iOs, you need to uninstall and reinstall the app to clear the cache.
- Press the app icon of Instagram on your mobile.
- Tap to remove the app and delete it.
- Open the app store to reinstall Instagram.
- Write “Instagram” on the search bar.
- Install the app.
- Now, open the app and use it.
With the help of clearing the app cache, you can enable access to add music to your Instagram stories. Many Instagram users have utilized this step to load new features on Instagram, which might help you too!
3. Uninstall the App
If none of the abovementioned strategies works, you should consider uninstalling the Instagram app. If you uninstall and reinstall the app, you will have to log in to your account again. However, uninstalling the app can improve the speed performance and enhance the features to load faster. In addition, it can enable new Instagram features, such as adding music to your Instagram story.
This is how you uninstall the Instagram app in iOs and Android.
- Long press the Instagram icon.
- Now, you will view various options on the front page. Tap remove the app.
- Now, delete the app.
- Press and hold the Instagram icon for several seconds.
- Remove the app.
After you reinstall the app on your smartphone, you must enter your username and password to log in to your Instagram account. Hence, after installing Instagram, see if you’ve got the music sticker to add a piece of song to your story.
If yes, congratulations! You’ve succeeded in the mission to enable the music feature on your Instagram story.
4. Examine your Internet Connection
It is vital to check and examine your internet connection because it is possible that Instagram isn’t letting you add music to your stories due to a shaky internet connection. So whether you’re using Wi-fi or cellular data for access to the internet, you must check the internet connectivity.
Here are ways to assess your internet performance speed:
There are multiple websites and apps that check the speed of your internet connection, such as Speedtest.net and Fast.com. You can evaluate your internet connection by using these websites 2-3 times to determine the accurate results.
Here’s a list of web-based apps you can use to test your internet speed and performance.
Thus, no or poor internet connection can also be the reason behind unavailable features on Instagram. Therefore, ensuring that you are connected to a good internet connection that works faster and optimally is essential.
5. Use VPN
The most common reason for the unavailability of music features on your Instagram is that it isn’t accessible in your region or location. And that’s why you can’t add music to your Instagram story even after reinstalling the app and ensuring a good internet connection. To get rid of this problem, we advise you to use a VPN app. Furthermore, you can select any country or location from the VPN apps to replace your IP address. Hence, you must choose mindfully a country where Instagram music is available so Instagram could display the music sticker to enable the feature.
This has helped people all across the globe to succeed in adding music to their Instagram stories. Therefore, you should definitely try this out!
6. While posting, close all other music apps.
Close the other music apps if possible, such as Spotify, Soundcloud, and Shazam while posting a story on Instagram and adding music. First, close the apps and refresh your mobile phone. Then, open the Instagram app and look for the music sticker displayed in the story features. Now, see if it works for you or not.
7. Are you using a Business Account on Instagram?
Before searching “why I can’t add music to my Instagram story”, see if you’re using a business account. Instagram won’t allow you to add every kind of song to your story if you have a business account. Instead, you can add royalty-free music in this case.
Posting music on your stories on a business account doesn’t adhere to Instagram policies. This is because your business account is supposed to promote your brand or market your services for recognition. So the content you share on your business account has a purpose. Either you’re trying to reach people to achieve more sales and leads or publishing content for acknowledgment and awareness. Therefore, Instagram allows business accounts to post particular songs that are royalty-free.
How Does the Music on Your Instagram Story Work?
The music on your Instagram story is a great way to add some flair and personality to your feed.
Instagram stories are limited to 15 seconds, so you want to make sure that the song you choose fits the mood of your story.
There are ways that people use music in their Instagram stories: they can either use a song from their library or they can use a song from Apple Music or Spotify.
When using a song from your library, you need to be careful about the copyright laws surrounding it. You don’t want to find yourself in trouble for using someone else’s copyrighted material.
How To Add A Song To Your Instagram Story Without It Being Copyrighted
There are many ways to add music to your Instagram story. One of the best ways is by adding them to your story through Spotify. You can also use other streaming services like Apple Music, Pandora, and SoundCloud.
Another way is by using a third-party app called InstaMusic. It is available on both iOS and Android devices and it lets you add music from any of your devices’ media libraries.
Can I Add Music to my Instagram Story from other Music Apps?
There are other ways to add music to your Instagram story instead of using the Instagram music feature. You can use music apps such as Shazam, Soundcloud, and Spotify for this purpose. Here are the steps to add music to your Instagram story through Spotify and Soundcloud.
Add Spotify music to your Story
- Open the app of Spotify on your mobile phone.
- Select a song that you want to add to your story on Instagram.
- Tap on the three dots in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Now, you will see a menu with several options, such as viewing artists, sharing, hiding songs, etc.
- Tap on share.
- Now, you will see another pop-up menu on the screen. Select “Instagram Stories’ from this menu. The app will ask your permission to open Instagram.
- Next, you’ll see the song or album cover page on the Instagram story. If you want the music to play the cover picture, you must add music using the square smiley face icon displayed there.
- Note that your followers can see the link of Spotify on your story. On the top left of your screen, right under where our username is displayed in the stories, it would be written “Play on Spotify”. This way, your followers can open the Spotify app and enjoy listening to your posted song.
So, you can use Spotify to play music to your story. Since Spotify has gained popularity worldwide in the last few years, many people have added music to their stories from Spotify. Hence, this is trending on Instagram these days.
Add Music to your Story from Soundcloud
- Open the Soundcloud app on your smartphone.
- Search or select the song that you wish to add to your Instagram story.
- Click the ellipsis icon to bring up the options menu.
- Now, you will see the Instagram logo in the option written along with “Stories”. Tap on it to post the music to your story.
- The app will ask your permission to access the Instagram app.
- Now, you’ll see the song or album cover page on the Instagram story. If you want the music to play the cover picture, you must add music using the square smiley face icon displayed there.
- Your followers would be able to see the link in your story that leads them to play music on Soundcloud.
We hope that this blog was valuable and helpful for you. If you follow the above mentioned steps to add music to your Instagram story, you will hopefully succeed.
Question 1: What is Instagram’s New Policy Regarding Music In Stories?
Answer: Instagram now says that you cannot add music to your Instagram stories. This means that all of the music that is shown in the story will be played automatically.
Question 2: Why Did Instagram Change Its Policy Regarding Music In Stories?
Answer: Instagram believes that this change will make the Stories experience more immersive. Users will be able to focus more on the story itself and less on the music.